Abonyi Lajos Museum
2740 Abony, Vasút u. 16.
Tel.: 06 53 360 096
Opening hours: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
from Tuesday till Saturday all year long
The museum's story our days
„…if between a million only an
too there is to who he reports
something, he makes sense then
for the museum."
(Pierre Auguste Renoir)
The plan of Abonyi Lajos Múzeum foundation in 1948, his foundation happened in 1959. (The museum 2003. October works since the 28. as an exhibition place.)
The parish council: (with five members) promoter and (with twenty-three members) an organizer elected a commission. Onto the secret of all of the organizer and a commission executing collector work, the then one Pál Györe undertook it and arranged it.
It was necessary to solve the storage of the collected substance on diverse place while the regional historical exhibition opened on his definitive place in 1967 of his November.
The XVIII. a century was founded on his middle two-storey granárium (granary), the parish revived totally by favour of for Abony's craftsmen.
The public collection Lajos Abonyi assumed an author's name.
To repair the building again in 1982/83 a full roof was needed with an exchange. Mechanical Services an Abony factory's unit and the constructive industrial co-operative made this task, like this the ancient monument character new exhibitions, from which he stands out, may have opened in a building;
the equipments of the peasantry of the Abony
stock keeping around a farm,
the objective substance of vine-growing.
The - with stone vases with garland decoration decorated - behind a carriage gateway, in the economic yard; the devices of cars, sleighs, the grain growing, vehicle, a full thresher set, Mihály Filó forge, and the craftsmen being attached to the peasant life can be found - rope-maker, saddler, broom maker, weaver a workshop's equipments.The aim of the Abony museum's formation:
the 22 thousand moonlit plain settlements the compiling of the devices of farming with homestead in ceasing one, to the peasant world related, - one in disappearing one - together with craftsmen's objects of use.
He wishes to raise a memorial the one and a half thousand farms kept in good repair and his diligence providing the living of the families living in them.
The museum on his affiliated collection's, brickyard settlement (Kécskei street 23.) a brick collection came into existence on a name.
Here from the fiancee brick and the devices of the brick production the interested one may look at a constant exhibition.
(The village museum proposed the foundation of open-air statues, sculptures more times.)
The development of the museum collection, newer art objects, written substances, stb. his collection belongs to the museum's fundamental tasks, like this his importance doubtless. The problem resides in placing the new acquisitions in suitable environment, his register and his presentation. After all this, certain time newer building and depository parts to claim…